Did you know that incorporating self-defence training into your company’s health and wellness program may be covered by your company’s health insurance?
The Purpose of bringing a self defence consultant into your business or workplace…
…is to make sure that your most valuable asset; your employees – are healthy, happy and
safe both on and off the job. It could be one of the best decisions YOU make this year!
With workplace violence on the rise, business leaders have become more aware of
protecting themselves and their staff. Cobra Life can address these concerns by providing
corporate seminars and workshops tailored to the needs of most businesses and service
industries. Effective self-protection is not only a practical and common sense necessity but it
is also an important component in helping to ensure the long term profitability of your
business as well as making your employees feel more confident, secure and valued.
Most companies know that they can’t afford to have any of their employees become the
victim of violence; whether it happens to be on or off the job is irrelevant. Each living cell in
the organism that is your company is valuable and significant to the well-being of the
organism as a whole.
Violence, whether it happens within the workplace or outside of it, can cause considerable
harm to employee morale, increase work-related stress, and decrease the overall level of
workplace harmony, not to mention the potential human resources and compensation
issues. Smart companies know that taking steps to keep their employees safe and healthy
by implementing things like health and dental insurance, wellness programs, and on-the-job
safety training is not only the right thing to do for their employees, but it’s in the best interest
of the company’s own fiscal health, longevity and success.
Bringing in a self-defence consultant can help improve your bottom line…
Companies whose employees feel that they are very safe at work will typically suffer less
stress and have increased confidence. This can translate into less stress related illnesses,
reduced absenteeism and employee turnover and decreased time-loss. Along with knowing
that you are doing the right thing by taking care of your employee needs, your company is
also more likely to realise a real and direct financial benefit from bringing in a self-defence
consultant to conduct a training workshop.
Apart from the primary benefits of educating a company’s employees in a practical, effective,
rapid-learning self defence program which goes far beyond just teaching “techniques”, and
includes Awareness & Psychology, Verbal De-escalation & Defusion, Legal and Moral
Rights and Responsibilities, and Physical Tools of Self Protection – there are many other
very important and beneficial reasons why every company should offer such a program. Just
as with most other types of insurance, one of the benefits found is in the peace of mind and
knowledge that you are protected if something should ever go wrong. But, unlike most
insurance policies that are imperceptible until damage occurs, the accompanying benefits of
providing corporate self-defence training are readily apparent almost from the get-go.
• Teaches a life-long and life-saving skill – it is at least as important as first aid training.
• Helps to mitigate the incidence of workplace violence.
• Teaches valuable defensive and safety skills in order to prevent and survive incidents of
• Employees who are capable of protecting themselves are more confident.
• People who feel safe are less prone to the debilitating effects of stress.
• Self Defence training has been shown to improve employee discipline, morale and critical
• Self Defence training can help to dissuade workplace violence before it starts.
• Self-defence training improves creative problem solving skills.
• Self Defence training is excellent for building workplace unity and enhancing teamwork.
• Employees learn to focus better under pressure.
• Overcome complacency and apathy.
• Increased productivity.
• Employees experience a greater sense of happiness and peace of mind.
• Promotes confidence, healthy self-esteem and leadership.
• Promotes good decision making, a healthy lifestyle and self-control.
• Improves employee morale and shows that the company cares for its employees.
• Increases creative problem-solving skills and teaches strategies to overcome obstacles
and think “outside the box”
• Develop and use better interpersonal communication skills, verbal self-defence tactics and
• Improves employees focus, concentration, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
• It is a fun workplace activity for your staff and employees, a practical investment for your
company, and an innovative idea for staff events and business functions.
The growing incidence of workplace violence globally is distressing to say the least. The
subsequent costs associated with managing the aftermath of workplace violence can be
exorbitant and is largely preventable. Proper foresight and a small investment can help prevent potentially significant financial and personnel losses in the future. Quality self-defence consulting is an excellent solution offered by Cobra Life today.
We offer corporate self defence programs for all types of organisations whether large or
small. It is a great way to mix up monthly meetings and employee gatherings!
If you do not currently incorporate practical and effective self-defence training as part of your
corporate wellness program please call us today to have a friendly no-obligation discussion about your specific needs and how we might fulfil them. We would also love to answer all of
your questions and concerns.