Cobra Life is a Social Enterprise
- Our business has a clear social or environmental mission that is set out in its governing documents.
- We are an independent business and earn more than half of our income through trading (or are working towards this)
- We are controlled and owned in the interests of our social mission
- We reinvest or give away at least half our profits or surpluses towards our social purpose
- We are transparent about how we operate and the impact that we have
Cobra Life Family Martial Arts Black Belt Academy is the product of a vision. Having previously owned a successful Martial Arts School I had the ability to replicate that model. However I wanted to do it differently this time I didn’t want to create an assembly line of “Terminators” who were awesome at punching and kicking but nothing else.
This is where the Life Skills come into it. Yes, traditional Martial Arts will still improve confidence, concentration, discipline and such but I wanted to deliver programmes that were awe inspiring. That left students counting down the days to the next class. That instilled the truly important skills that sadly a lot of Martial Arts Schools leave out. I will share those Life Skills with you in a moment.
Emergency Situation Management was born out of learning that not all emergency situations can be fixed by punching and kicking. What does a child do if they get lost? What is 999? When do we use it? What is a Safe Stranger? How to deal with bullies and how to avoid conflict at all costs. In our adults programmes we teach about posturing, sniper’s opportunity, victim targeting, awareness and more.
Our programmes are forward thinking and progressive and we have had the support of Flintshire County Council, Connah’s Quay Town Council, The National Health Service, Mark Tami MP, Jack Sargeant AM, the Lady Mayoress Pamela Attridge, local schools and coverage on numerous occasions by The Flintshire Leader.